It is hard to detect that it is a lung infection (pneumonia) that your kitten, puppy, yearling, or piglets are sick with.
Is a little easier to detect when a adult animal has it.
However if not sure, still use these remedies to protect from secondary infections, and other things to watch out for is if they are not doing well, not eating well, getting lethargic, or eve breathing normally or that well, then use this formula as soon as possible to either prevent secondary infection to the lungs or treat the infections of the lungs. If not treated it is fatal for infant animals or the elderly. This unique and effective formula is assisting all conditions of acute or chronic ... pneumonia, mycoplasma infection, pleurisy symptoms, tuberculinum conditions, loss of appetite, clears the lungs from congestion; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); respiratory discomfort; soreness in chest; emphysema; bronchitis; pneumonia; asthma; coughs.
Merck Veterinary Manual (pps 760-761) says that 40-45% of chronic, feline upper respiratory diseases are caused by Rhino virus, Herpes virus, Calci virus, Chlamydia or Mycoplasma. In other words, there are diverse causes of cat-lung problems.
Other signs associated with pneumocystosis include: Coughing, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Gradual weight loss, Physical wasting with loss of weight and muscle mass (cachexia)
There are (3) three types of pneumonia often seen in dogs, however less often in cats (more in kittens). The fourth (4) one "Parasitic pneumonia" is less common.
Aspiration pneumonia (e.g. infants milk inhalant)
Valley Fever - fungal infection
Parasitic pneumonia (roundworm in lungs)
1. Aspiration pneumonia, also called inhalation pneumonia, means the lungs have become inflamed and infected as the result of breathing in a foreign substance like vomit, regurgitated gastric acid, or food. The condition is more often seen in dogs than cats, and in particular, newborn puppies. There are a number of other causes of aspiration pneumonia, including certain diseases, chronic vomiting or regurgitation, during induction of anesthesia, inhaling a caustic chemical, and even during administration of liquid drug medicine to a pet.
*Symptoms of aspiration pneumonia include difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, coughing, rapid breathing, an increased heart rate, loss of appetite and lethargy. Aspiration pneumonia is a life-threatening condition. Causing "fading syndrome" ** Must act straight away and express shipping.
2. Bacterial pneumonia is seen most frequently in immune compromised individuals. e.g. pneumonic kittens - causing "fading syndrome"
It is caused by a pathogen, and there are several organisms that can result in infection. Symptoms include cough, fever, breathing difficulties, loss of appetite, weight loss and lethargy, bacterial bronchopneumonia usually presents with a cough, tachypnoea, dyspnoea, nasal discharge, fever and depression. Auscultation may reveal increased lung sounds, crackles, wheezes, and silent areas.
3. Fungal pneumonia is the result of a deep fungal lung infection, sometimes called a Mycotic infection. Symptoms include: complete loss of appetite, weight loss, fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, eye problems. Unfortunately, many pets are unresponsive to fungal pneumonia when given conventional drug medication. And fungal infection from Valley Fever (coccidioide Immitis).
Herbal anti fungal drops and nosodes are best used for these conditions. Unfortunately it would be hard to diagnosed if it is fungal or bacterial infection. However no harm done if you combine the natural medicines to be safe. The herb Artemisinin (Sweet Annie) to prevent an often fatal type of lung infection called pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP) that is caused by a fungus. Refer to: Fungal herbal formulas.
4. Parasitic pneumonia: Lungworm (Aelurostrongylus abstrusus or A. abstrusus - roundworm) is probably the most common lungworm of cats, although C. aerophilia infection may also occur. The infection of this roundworm is gained by eating infected slugs or snails (the intermediate host), or infected rodents, lizards or birds (the transport hosts). They are small parasites (males 7 mm, females 10 mm), deeply embedded in the lung tissues. Lung Nematodes worms (Roundworms or Threadworms), but heavy infestations may produce the following symptoms: Dry coughing, Wheezing, Dyspnea (shortness of breath), especially upon exertion, Lethargy and exercise intolerance, Anorexia, Fever. Symptoms are typically noticed in younger cats.
* If any of these symptoms look familiar we suggest to also use in conjunction with HAMPL ParaEx49 formula 50ml. Affected cats may present with a chronic cough, with associated crackles and wheezes.
Refer to: HAMPL ParaExpel 049 (parasitic formula)
Perhaps the most important consideration of the lungworm (A. abstrusus) infection is its differentiation from chronic broncho pulmonary disease, particularly ‘feline asthma’.
PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes symptoms are a combination of fever infection, chest infection with coughing - this could also be Asthma. * See AN091 HAMPL AsthmaLung formulas.
The need to work on "reversing of pathologies” through homeopathic drainage, detoxification and organotherapy complexes. Once this has been done will enable a qualified Homeopathic Veterinarian to find a clearer (a more true) constitutional single remedyThis method works really well.
Non Drug Prescriptions Set of 3
Homeopathic Complex of Drainages, Detoxification and Oragantherapy
1. HAMPL Pneumo 112-1 30ml (1.oz)
Contains homeopathic nosode complex: Bryonia alb 6C, 30C, 1M, Cactus 1M, Skookum Chuck 1M (catarrah), Kali Iod 1M, Pneumo Toxin nosode 6C, 1M, Ant. Iod 12X, Pneumonia nosode 1M, Tubercul nosode 12C, 30C, Brom 6C, Ant Tart 30C, 1M (congestion of mucous), Haemoglobin Organ sarcode 1M, Sinus frontal Sarcode 6X, 1M, Lobelia 200C, Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Nosode 6X, 6C,1M, Klebsiella pneumonia nosode 200C, 1M, Pulmo Vulpis nosode (lung) 200C, Proteus nosode 12C,1M, Pseudomonas species bacteria 30X, 200C, Streptococcus Pneumoniae nosode 6C, 30X,1M, Psiltacosis bacteria 1M, Ant. Ars 30X, 200C (cough-dyspnoea, catarrhal pneumonia associated with flu), Ant. Sulph.Aureum 1M, Kalium Permanganicum 1M, Quebracho 12C, Gunpowder nosode 1M, Phosphorus 1M, with Baccillinum nosode 12X, and secondary pneumonia Carcinosinum 6X, 12C, Ars Iod 200C, with Nocardia Bacteria nosode 12C, 30C,1M, (bacterial infection called "Nocardiosis" that can effect the lungs) with Stannum 12X,1M, (DR) Anti-Asthmatic formula 1M, Merc.Cyanatus 1M, Eel Serum 1M, Pneumocystis carinii (fungal) nosode 1M, Aspergillus Rue & Niger, Fumigatus 6X, 6C, 30C, 200C, Chlamydia Pneumonia nosode 30X, Sulphur 1M, Mycosis fungus 1M, Psittacosis 200C (bacteria chlamydia, pneumonia), PLEO 1M (candida, mycosis), Nematodes - (lungworms) Capillaria aerophila nosode 30X and Aelurostrongylus abstrusus nosode 30X, Valley Fever nosode 30C (coccidioide Immitis)
Farm animals or wildlife, feral cats and kittens etc: Stir in a dose to filtered water bowl, every time you change it, or add to water trough once a week. Alternatively add a dose to daily meals. Fine if other animals share water or food.
2. HAMPL LungOdema 30ml (1oz)
Contains homeopathic, nosodes complex: Apis Mel, Juniper 1M and Nat Mur 12X, 1M, Pertussin 1M, Adrenalin Nosode 12X,1M (acute congestion of the lung), Bacillinum nosode 12C,1M (lung tissue, chronic catarrah, respiration, depressed), LM 46 Lungs, Mephitis 30C, 1M (whooping cough, asthmatic paroxysms) HAMPL Healthy Heart formula (congestive heart), Strophanhus Nit 12X, 200C, Organ sarcodes Lung, Heart and Lymph 12X, 1M, Apis Mell (inflammation, dropsy) Juniper 1M, Nat Mur (fluid balancer) 12X,1M, Baptisia Conf 6C, 12C, 200C, (dyspnoea - symptoms of only sleeping upright), Coffea Tosta 200C, Ammon.Iod 200C, Dulcamara 1M, ( impending paralysis of lungs, influenza, asthma with dyspoea, dropsy). ~
A natural diuretic that provides a solution or protection from fluid build up in the sac around the lungs. Aids ease of breathing and congestion, coughing lung formula.
3. HAMPL Herbal Congest 50ml (1.4oz)
Contains herbal liquid extract: Elderflowers, Yarrow, Cats Claw (TOA Free), Olive Leaf, Artemisinin (artemisia annus 1:5) Sweet Annie.
~ The herb that can eliminate mycoplasma infection is the TOA free Cats Claw herbal extract, along with immune balancing. The herb Artemisinin (Sweet Annie) to prevent an often fatal type of lung infection called pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP) that is caused by a fungus.
Australian Clients should be aware that national legislation prohibits the marketing or advertising of any veterinary products which have not been registered with the APVMA. These regulations were designed to control the entry onto the market of new chemical drugs and did not foresee the rising demand for proven herbal and homeopathic formulations. Other laws however, allow such treatments to be available after personal consultation. The product information provided is for International clients only, and Australians should ignore this information.